Professional development opportunities
Belonging Matters are running a workshop – Towards a Better Life! – An exploration of the Social Role Valorisation framework with regard to people who are marginalised in society.
Date: 13 & 14 March 2019
Time: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: Box Hill Town Hall – Whitehorse Room
(1022 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill VIC)
What is this workshop about?
This two day event will inspire participants to reflect on the value of obtaining the good things in life and consider how we may support people who may have been marginalised or disadvantaged to have better lives and greater involvement in their communities.
This event is designed to assist participants to:
- Understand social devaluation and its consequences,
- Learn about Social Role Valorisation as a means of addressing experiences of devaluation,
- Strengthen ones’ motivation to counteract devaluation,
- Clarify the qualities of the good things in life and how they might be facilitated,
- Understand the importance of valued social roles and how to develop roles that lead to authentic inclusion in one’s community.
You will also hear some ‘real life’ stories from people who were inspired by this workshop and how they have changed the course of their life! This workshop will use a combination of lecture, interactive exercises, reflection and discussion!
Who is this workshop for?
This event is for anyone who is serious about improving the lives of people who may be at risk of being marginalised or disadvantaged, such as people with disabilities, people with a mental illness, people who are aging and people experiencing poverty or homelessness. It would be of particular interest to people with a disability, their families, students, support workers, planners, LACs, NDIS personnel, professionals, managers, CEOs, policy makers, people in leadership positions and other concerned citizens.
For more information and to book, check out this detailed flyer: